San Fernando, Ca
Temp to Hire , Associate
High School or equivalent
Job Order Number:0330621
Performs complex work of an administrative nature. Provides assistance to the department head(s). Works with minimal instruction or supervision. Organizes V.P.’s schedule and files for easy access.
1. Composes correspondence in approved format for manager’s signature. Responsible for issuing accurate, error-free written communications.
2. May prepare agendas, materials related thereto, and sees that all requirements are met.
3. Responsible for establishing and maintaining accurate, current files on all documents. Literature and materials. Documents may include highly confidential information which should be treated accordingly.
4. May be asked to attend some meetings, seminars, etc, to take notes, furnish information, or provide updates.
5. May do research for a project or a specific matter.
6. May receive visits or calls regarding complaints which may be resolved or referred to the appropriate person.
7. Schedules appointments, coordinates arrangements for meetings, conferences and travel, including sourcing most economical travel options, hotels and ground transportation. Provides copy of all itineraries to CEO.
8. Organizes and expedites flow of work through department head’s office. Keeps department head(s) updated with day’s events and occurrences..
9. Assists in physical inventory counts as requested.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Other Related Duties:
1. Enters quotes into Macola on a prompt and timely basis.
2. Retrieves information from the computer system as requested.
3. Types and proofreads assigned materials such as procedures, product data sheets, specifications, MSDS, etc.
4. Responds quickly to requests for technical information and to problems as needed.
5. Responsible for tracking overtime and missed work of all members of the QC unit.
6. Prepares and maintains monthly internal reports in an approved format.
7. May assist in new product sample projects, creating product labeling and product. specification sheets, and/or mailing out product samples.
8. Maintains files and folders according to approved system.
9. Maintains databases of customer contacts in a format approved by the Department head.
10. Prepares regulatory and export document according to instructions.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Education and/or Experience: AA degree or equivalent education, training and experience required. Individual will have a minimum of three years experience in a clerical or sales environment, preferable in a related industry. Position demands superior oral and written communications skills.
2. Skill Requirements: Word processing experience is required. Experience in a spreadsheet software and database applications is preferred. General computer literacy is a prerequisite. Must possess ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, personnel, co-workers, subordinates, customers, and the general public. Exercises diplomacy in all facets of the position.
Westaff's staffing associates enjoy the benefits of a flexible schedule as well as the support of professionals who can help launch and develop their careers. But there are many other advantages to working for Westaff. At Westaff, we want to ensure a positive work experience. We understand that taking care of your needs as our associate is one of the most important things we can do. So, as part of our commitment, we offer a generous benefits package including:
Health and Life Insurance Plan
Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Credit Union Membership
Note: Many of our benefits are subject to additional eligibility requirements. Not all benefits are offered at all Westaff offices. For more information, call your local Westaff representative.
With more than 57 years of practice, it's no wonder that Westaff has earned the reputation as one of the largest staffing companies in the country, and one of the most experienced. Our success has continued throughout the rest of the world, supplying business solutions in every major market in the UK, Australia and New Zealand.
Westaff is an Equal Opportunity Employer.AA M / F / D / V
To learn more about Westaff, visit www.westaff.com
©2006 Westaff Inc Westaff is an Equal Opportunity Employer