Store General Manager - Palm Desert, CA
Sears Holdings Corporation is the nation's third largest broadline retailer, with approximately $55 billion in annual revenues, and with approximately 3,800 full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States and Canada. Formed in March 2005 from the merger of Sears and Kmart, Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer as well as a leader in tools, lawn and garden, home electronics and automotive repair and maintenance. Key proprietary brands include Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard, and a broad apparel offering, including such well-known labels as Lands' End, Jaclyn Smith and Joe Boxer, as well as the Apostrophe and Covington brands. It also has Martha Stewart Everyday products, which are offered exclusively in the U.S. by Kmart and in Canada by Sears Canada. The company is the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 14 million service calls made annually. For more information, visit Sears Holdings' website at http://www.searsholdings.com.
Sears Holdings Corporation is committed to improving the lives of our customers by providing quality services, products and solutions that earn their trust and build lifetime relationships. We are proud of our diverse, high-performance team work environment and we strive for continuous improvement through keen focus on growth, effectiveness and a sense of urgency. Individuals who are driven to earn our customers' trust and business every day, who act with integrity, who treat everyone fairly and value diversity, and who are accountable for their actions are welcome to show interest in becoming a member of our winning team.
The Store General Manager (SGM) is responsible for the overall (P&L) financial performance of the store. This includes merchandise sales, Credit and other Miscellaneous Revenues, expense management, and achievement of profitability goals. The SGM is also accountable for customer satisfaction and associate morale. The SGM directly managers a store staff of 4 - 6 managers that ensure consistency of merchandising and operations of the store.
The Store General Manager ensures that corporate programs and policies are executed in a way that maximizes the store profitability, through superior customer service and both associate and asset productivity. The SGM ensures that Sears National Presentation Standards are maintained at the highest possible level.
Proactively lead the store to ensure achievement of business goals in revenue, expense, profitability, customer satisfaction, inventory shrinkage, and associate morale.
* Select, coach, and develop effective management staff in the store. Develop a diverse, high performing team. Take action as needed to ensure that all associates fully contribute to the store efforts.
* Ensure that the Monthly Action Plan meeting is held and that the Monthly Action Plan is executed flawlessly.
* Actively manage the customer experience within the stores.
* Take ownership for full implementation of corporate programs and initiatives on merchandising, cost management, productivity, and associate morale.
* Ensure consistency of merchandising execution and operational processes within the store.
* Fully optimize Credit (e.g., share, AccountCare, new accounts) and other Miscellaneous Income opportunities (e.g., service contracts, Installation, Gift Card, Home Service Leads) within the store.
* Ensure that Sears is represented (upon request), via the field witness program, in court cases.
* Monitor and react to profitable revenue opportunities within the store.
* Represent Full-line Stores to all Sears partners within the local market.
* Take a visible role in representing Sears in the local community.
* Handle and resolve escalated customer issues.
* Understand and communicate, to District, Region and Home Office staff, competitive activities/trends in market, and unique local market issues.
* Ensure that the store operates in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and company policies.
* Ensure that all legal documents served on the store are forwarded to the appropriate location per company policy.
* Minimum of 5 - 7 years of experience with a retail store/field management.
* Experience with managing others, preferably in retail or service environments.
* Strong preference given to candidates with at least a Bachelor's degree.