MIDRANGE STORAGE ADMINISTRATOR #681-06 (#681-06)
Safeway's Information Technology Department has an opening for an experienced Midrange Storage Administrator to be part of a team which supports and maintains a midrange storage environment present in two data centers located in Phoenix, AZ, or Salt Lake City, UT.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Manages the disk arrays in the SAN and NAS environment.
* Allocate storage from disk arrays to UNIX and Windows hosts.
* Monitor and troubleshoot SAN and NAS device status.
* Install, configure, test and implement networked storage solutions
* Provide problem trouble shooting, analysis and resolution to issues escalated to Engineering, including participating in rotating on-call support
* Provide application installation and integration support to the development staff
* Work with Data Management Infrastructure team members, systems and database administrators to deploy storage solutions that meet business objectives.
* Deploy redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data.
* Install and configure new and existing storage devices and corresponding software.
* Plan, schedule, initiate, and administer the backup process as well as monitor the performance, success, or failure of these tasks.
* Adhere to service level agreements regarding storage allocations, limitations, and availability.
Qualifications: The following are preferred or desired unless specifically stated:
* 5+ years of administrative experience consisting of defining, implementing and managing an enterprise storage strategy to support a large datacenter comprising mainframe and midrange systems is required.
* 3+ years of administrative experience UNIX (AIX, Solaris) /Windows in a datacenter environment is required.
* Knowledge of the AIX, Solaris, Linux and Windows platforms as it relates to mounting and managing LUN's and HBA configuration.
* Experience with EMC and IBM enterprise disk will be highly advantageous
* Experience with Symcli, Navicli, Navispher, EMC Control Center (ECC), Workload Analyzer, and StorageScope.
* Knowledge of perl, awk, and python a plus.
* Advanced understanding of Storage Networking concepts; SCSI, iSCSI, Fibre Channel, Lun Security, switch zoning, CIFS, NFS, NDMP, data replication, and distance extension technologies
* Experience with complex data migrations and storage capacity planning
* Experience with backup and recovery solutions from Veritas, and StorageTek.
* Exposure to storage-related administration of z/OS, Windows and Unix systems will be an asset.
* Knowledge of clustering technologies from Veritas, IBM, and Microsoft and their impact on storage management
* B.S. in a technical field, Computer Science preferred
* Certifications preferred: EMC Power Proven Builder and Architect, McData Certified Professional, SNIA FC Storage Networking Professional
* Good interpersonal and communication skills.
* Able to analyze problems, propose solutions, and drive issues to resolution
* Able to juggle multiple projects and problems
* Results oriented, willing to take responsibility and accept accountability for action
* Genuine desire to provide superior customer service to our I/T customers.
Apply online at our website: